Monday, October 10, 2011

When Realistic Meets Idealistic (Vacancy.com Blog Scholarship Entry)

The next chapter in my life consists of furthering my education with college and shaping who I want to be in life and my career. Sure there will be hardships, struggles, poor times, and confusion along the way, but that is life in its raw form. I have gone through the long process of choosing the college that I would love to attend, just one more entity crossed off my list. The Art Institute of Atlanta is where I see myself, but it a good 45 minutes away from my family’s home with clear roads. I have never been too keen on moving into a small congested apartment with a roommate, and hoping that we get along while fighting for personal space. Most likely the roommate would not have the same living habits as me. I like to be up early in the morning and go to sleep before midnight. I do not like loud music and I shouldn’t be able to hear your television or phone conversations with my door shut. There shouldn’t be food outside of the kitchen and I believe in the use of a dishwasher. Not to mention if they come up short on rent one month or suddenly lose their job that pays for their half of the rent, I would lose everything because of their slack. To say the least, I am a very personal person anyways, and would much rather would just be on my own. Apartment hunting is not easy; it takes months of saving, research, and preparation. Vacancy.com has helped to take some of the burden off. I want to live within my means. I have been in the workforce since I was sixteen, and have no problem with working or supporting myself. I do not have to live a lavish lifestyle, but be comfortable. The word ‘comfortable’ to me means being in a state of physical, mental, and financial comfort; I want to be content with myself and lifestyle, or simply at ease. (Who doesn’t?) I know how much money I will bring in monthly, and I refuse to go over 30% of my income on just rent.
I do not want to have to work all day, every day, just to be able to show my friends my expensive downtown loft. An ideal apartment for me is something is affordable, safe, and close to my college and job. I have found an apartment through Vacancy.com that may just be the right fit for me. Valencia Park Apartments, which you can view
HERE, is convenient to my college campus and holds a lovely one bedroom, one bathroom for an affordable price.




 The floor plan is pretty spacious for the price. Through my research of the Valencia Apartments complex it is a safe place to live. Safety is extremely important when searching for a “cheap” apartment.

The amenities of Valencia include a sparkling swimming pool, a fitness and aerobics center, wood-burning fireplaces, and much need ceiling fans (the heat down south is no joke!). I love the beautiful garden and the wooded area surrounding the complex, it is not too far from the city but has a serene, relaxing outdoor beauty. Furnishing my apartment is so exciting to me.

 


One of my favorite things about Vacancy.com is the floor plan organizer tool. This tool allows you to pull up your ideal floor plan in the apartment and virtually fill it with furniture to get an idea of the space. With me being an active cogitator all the time, I have these visuals in head of next year’s life.

I see myself waking up to the faded orange sunrise, getting out of my plush white bed adorned with fluffy pillows, walking in the kitchen and clutching a ceramic mug out the cabinet to brew a warm cup of coffee to sip while enjoying the serenity of the morning time and aweing over a fashion magazine that came in the mail the day before. What a perfect way to start a day. If I win this scholarship money I will save it for a rainy day. I’ll use it when life goes wrong and I need the money for rent shortage, the flat tire I got on the way to class, or that Retail Merchandising Essentials textbook that accidentally fell in that muddy puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment